Years old 18
Passengers 2052- 2462
$200 USD for pictures!Are you crusing on this ship in the next few months? Do you like to take pictures? We are looking for 400 pictures of places around the ship to add to our collection. If you like to take pictures then click here for more information.
= 1 Upper Bed
= 2 upper beds
= Balcony with obstructed views
= Connecting Staterooms
= Extended balcony (50% larger)
= Stateroom with 2 portholes
= Twin beds do not convert
= Twin/king w double sofa
= Twin/King w single sofa
= Twin/king, single sofa & upper
Guide to using the decks:
- Mouse over cabins for pop up diagrams and information
- Mouse over red, green, yellow, blue symbols for notes
- Mouse over camera icons for actual pictures of that location
- At the bottom of each deck there may be a listing of public areas. You can mouse over area for detail description
- Click on CATEGORIES tab above for complete list of categories on this ship. Categories are listed from highest to lowest class
- Click the "Categories Details [+/-] for features, perks, and other information about the category
- Any handicap cabins for that category will have a link "Handicap Cabins [+/-] that you can click to see cabin numbers. If we have actual pictures for that cabin we will also show those.
- For each category we will list the sub categories. Unless noted the only difference between the sub categories is usually price and location on the ship.
Carnival uses a two digit code for its stateroom categories. The first letter represents the type of cabin. 1=Small Interior, 4=Interior, 6=Oceanview, 7=Cove Balcony, 8=Balcony, 9=Premium Balcony. The second letter represents the desired location with A being the least desirable.
As an example a 4J (Interior cabin) is in a more desirable location than a 4A (Interior cabin).
You can expect between 2052 to 2462 passengers on a typical sailing. This means that at the higher number (usually peak and holiday sailings) Carnival Elation has a space ratio of 28.6 . (A space ratio less than 33 means that you may find the ship crowded in areas. A space ratio greater than 39 means that there should be plenty of space for each passenger.) When this ship isn't sailing at capacity the space ratio can be as good as 34.3.
The Carnival Elation has 980 crew members on board. There are 3 passengers for every crew member on board. There are self serve laudromats on this ship.
The ship last major refurbishment was in 2014 .
There are 13 decks on this ship. The highest deck number is 14. The number of decks with passenger cabins is 5.
The following ships share the same class as this ship. This means the basic design and layout of the ship is the same. For the most part the cabins will be identical among these ships, but may be decorated differently.
1990 - Carnival Fantasy
1991 - Carnival Ecstasy
1993 - Carnival Sensation
1994 - Carnival Fascination
1995 - Carnival Imagination
1996 - Carnival Inspiration
1998 - Carnival Elation
1998 - Carnival Paradise
There are 24 special needs cabins on this ship. These cabins have been modified for accessibility purposes.
ELATION is a member of the Fantasy class series of buildings delivered throughout the 1990's to Carnival Cruises lines.
Click here to become a member of one of the best cruise websites in the world.
For 15 years we have been known as the ultimate cruise tool for picking cabins on cruise ships.
START BY choosing a deck below to view.
Click image for BIG IMAGE of Deck Plans
Click links below to view Deck plans for 4 Riviera
each deck on its own page
Deck plans for 5 Main
Deck plans for 6 Upper
Deck plans for 7 Empress
Deck plans for 8 Atlantic
Deck plans for 9 Promenade
Deck plans for 10 Lido
Deck plans for 11 Verandah
Deck plans for 12 Sports
Deck plans for 14 Sun