Years old 11
Passengers 1972- 2366
= 2 lower beds, 1 sofa
= 2 lower beds, 1 sofa, 1 upper
= 2 lower beds, convert to queen
= Connecting staterooms
= Double (no sofa bed)
= Fully obstructed view
= Partial sea view
= Shower only
= Solid steel verandah rails
= Tub and shower
= Wheelchair accessible with sho
Guide to using the decks:
- Mouse over cabins for pop up diagrams and information
- Mouse over red, green, yellow, blue symbols for notes
- Mouse over camera icons for actual pictures of that location
- At the bottom of each deck there may be a listing of public areas. You can mouse over area for detail description
- Click on CATEGORIES tab above for complete list of categories on this ship. Categories are listed from highest to lowest class
- Click the "Categories Details [+/-] for features, perks, and other information about the category
- Any handicap cabins for that category will have a link "Handicap Cabins [+/-] that you can click to see cabin numbers. If we have actual pictures for that cabin we will also show those.
- For each category we will list the sub categories. Unless noted the only difference between the sub categories is usually price and location on the ship.
Holland America uses letters to denote the type of cabins. Interior cabins start with the letter I to N with I being the more desired location. Oceanview cabins start with the letter C to H with C being the more desired location. Verandah cabins start with the letter V followed by the letter A to H with A being the more desired location. Vista cabins start with the letter A or B with A being the more desired type of Verandah caibn. This may be followed by another letter A to P with A being the more desired location. Suites start with the letter S followed by the letter A to Z with A being the more desired location and/or suite type.
The only exception to the above is if the second letter is Q. That stands for spa and a more desired cabin because of its perks. There are also a couple unique codes. OO stands for a single oceanview cabin (sleeps one). FA or FB are family oceanview cabins with FA being more desired.
You can expect between 1972 to 2366 passengers on a typical sailing. This means that at the higher number (usually peak and holiday sailings) Noordam has a space ratio of 34.8 . (A space ratio less than 33 means that you may find the ship crowded in areas. A space ratio greater than 39 means that there should be plenty of space for each passenger.) When this ship isn't sailing at capacity the space ratio can be as good as 41.7.
The Noordam has 820 crew members on board. There are 3 passengers for every crew member on board. There are no self serve laundromats on this cruise ship.
The ship last major refurbishment was in 2015 .
There are 11 decks on this ship. The highest deck number is 11. The number of decks with passenger cabins is 7.
The following ships share the same class as this ship. This means the basic design and layout of the ship is the same. For the most part the cabins will be identical among these ships, but may be decorated differently.
2002 - Zuiderdam
2003 - Oosterdam
2004 - Westerdam
2006 - Noordam
There are 28 special needs cabins on this ship. These cabins have been modified for accessibility purposes.
Launched in 2006, the ms Noordam is the forth member of the Vista-class ships. Named for the Northern compass point, she embraces the latest industry and environmental technologies such as her use of a diesel-electric power plant for optimal energy efficiency and an Azipod® propulsion system that maximizes maneuverability.
Click here to become a member of one of the best cruise websites in the world.
For 15 years we have been known as the ultimate cruise tool for picking cabins on cruise ships.
START BY choosing a deck below to view.
Click image for BIG IMAGE of Deck Plans
Do you love our drag deck feature?
You will really love our
new cabin checker!
Click links below to view Deck plans for 1 Main
each deck on its own page
Deck plans for 2 Lower Prom.
Deck plans for 3 Promenade
Deck plans for 4 Upper Prom.
Deck plans for 5 Verandah
Deck plans for 6 Up Verandah
Deck plans for 7 Rotterdam
Deck plans for 8 Navigation
Deck plans for 9 Lido
Deck plans for 10 Observation
Deck plans for 11 Sports