Years old 20
Passengers 3012- 3765
= 1 Upper Bed
= 2 upper beds
= Balcony with obstructed views
= Connecting Staterooms
= Extended balcony (50% larger)
= Stateroom with 2 portholes
= Twin beds do not convert
= Twin/king w double sofa
= Twin/King w single sofa
= Twin/king, single sofa & upper
Guide to using the decks:
- Mouse over cabins for pop up diagrams and information
- Mouse over red, green, yellow, blue symbols for notes
- Mouse over camera icons for actual pictures of that location
- At the bottom of each deck there may be a listing of public areas. You can mouse over area for detail description
- Click on CATEGORIES tab above for complete list of categories on this ship. Categories are listed from highest to lowest class
- Click the "Categories Details [+/-] for features, perks, and other information about the category
- Any handicap cabins for that category will have a link "Handicap Cabins [+/-] that you can click to see cabin numbers. If we have actual pictures for that cabin we will also show those.
- For each category we will list the sub categories. Unless noted the only difference between the sub categories is usually price and location on the ship.
Carnival uses a two digit code for its stateroom categories. The first letter represents the type of cabin. 1=Small Interior, 4=Interior, 6=Oceanview, 7=Cove Balcony, 8=Balcony, 9=Premium Balcony. The second letter represents the desired location with A being the least desirable.
As an example a 4J (Interior cabin) is in a more desirable location than a 4A (Interior cabin).
Roll over color for description
Captains Suite Staterooms:
Grand Suite Staterooms:
Ocean Suite Staterooms:
Premium Balcony Staterooms:
Scenic Oceanview Staterooms:
Small Interior Staterooms:
You can expect between 3012 to 3765 passengers on a typical sailing. This means that at the higher number (usually peak and holiday sailings) Carnival Sunshine has a space ratio of 27.3 . (A space ratio less than 33 means that you may find the ship crowded in areas. A space ratio greater than 39 means that there should be plenty of space for each passenger.) When this ship isn't sailing at capacity the space ratio can be as good as 34.1.
The Carnival Sunshine has 1150 crew members on board. There are 3 passengers for every crew member on board. There are self serve laudromats on this ship.
The ship last major refurbishment was in May 2016 .
There are 13 decks on this ship. The highest deck number is 14. The number of decks with passenger cabins is 11.
The following ships share the same class as this ship. This means the basic design and layout of the ship is the same. For the most part the cabins will be identical among these ships, but may be decorated differently.
1996 - Carnival Destiny
1996 - Carnival Sunshine
There are 32 special needs cabins on this ship. These cabins have been modified for accessibility purposes.
Formerly Carnival Destiny. In May 2016 drydock routine hotel maintenance, cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, tile work and reupholstering in public areas, Sports bar re-branded as SKYBOX Sports Bar.
Click here to become a member of one of the best cruise websites in the world.
For 15 years we have been known as the ultimate cruise tool for picking cabins on cruise ships.
START BY choosing a deck below to view.
Click image for BIG IMAGE of Deck Plans
Click links below to view Deck plans for Deck 1
each deck on its own page
Deck plans for Deck 2
Deck plans for Deck 3
Deck plans for Deck 4
Deck plans for Deck 5
Deck plans for Deck 6
Deck plans for Deck 7
Deck plans for Deck 8
Deck plans for Deck 9
Deck plans for Deck 10
Deck plans for Deck 11
Deck plans for Deck 12
Deck plans for Deck 14