Click on top left for ship menu. Grandeur of the SeasDeck 8Deck Layout, Public Venues, Stateroom Information
These are the newest deck plans for Grandeur of the Seas Deck 8 deck plan. Cruisedeckplans provides full interactive deck plans for the Grandeur of the Seas Deck 8 deck. Just move your mouse over any stateroom and a pop up will appear with detail information, including a full description and floor layout, and a link to pictures and/or videos. The menu below is specific to the Grandeur of the Seas ship and provides a quick way to go to the different pages.
|#||Deck Plan Symbols|
|Four pullman beds|
|Sleeps up to 3|
|Sleeps up to 4|
|Sofa and pullman bed|
|Two pullman beds|
Looking for Deck 8 (deck) actual cabin pics and videos?
Sub Categories on Deck 8
Click links below to view category info including cabin pics and videos for that category on the Grandeur of the Seas.
RS Royal Suite
OS Owners Suite
GT Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom
GS Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
J3-J4 Junior Suite (J3 Quad - J4 Double)
VO Ocean Suite (No Balcony)
1M Spacious Oceanview
3V-4V Interior (3V Quad - 4V Double)
1V-2V Interior (1V Quad - 2V Double)
Cabin Check Tool
This tool will help you see what is on the deck above and the deck below your stateroom. Don't be surprised by loud chair scraping noise above you.
Accessible cabins on Deck 8
These cabins are on the Grandeur of the Seas
Click to see more details
Grandeur of the Seas Deck 8 (deck) Cabin GuruHere are some tips that you should keep in mind when looking for cabins on this deck. There may be other issues that we haven't noted, and if you are aware of any issues we have not listed, please contact us and let us know so that we can add it to the list.
* Cabins 8037 to 8043 and 8537 to 8543 were added to this ship and have a floor to ceiling glass windows
* Some cabins have a pole in them that helps support the deck above. Other than being a slight nuisance it is good for jokes. Cabins affected appear to be 8020, 8026, 8030, 8036, 8044, 8052, 8058, 8064, 8070, 8076 on the port side and 8520, 8526, 8530, 8536, 8544, 8552, 8558, 8564, 8570, 8576 on the starboard side
* Aft facing cabins look down on balcony of cabins below them and then down upon the ship structure and crew area. Balconies on each side slightly wrap to the side of the cabin and offer the best views
* There is a overhang from the deck above that will bring more shade on balconies 8504, 8506, 8004, and 8006. Another overhang will bring shad on balconies 8512 to 8546 on the starboard side and 8012 to 8046 on the port side. A third overhang will bring shade to cabins 8556 to 8562 on the starboard side and 8056 to 8062 on the port side.
* Balconies that face aft of ship tend to be warmer than other balconies during cold weather crusing.
The cruise line separates the different categories (Inside, Oceanview, Balcony) into subcategories. The only difference in the subcategories is usually location on the ship. The detail above shows subcategory color, category name, and subcategory name. For detailed information, mouse over a cabin on the deck plans and a pop up window will appear. You will find diagrams, pictures and information about that cabin category including square footage and features.
Royal Caribbean has the most complicted and most difficult to understand category coding of all the major cruise lines. Its complicated because some cabins can be classified many different ways, sometimes without rhymn or reason. In some cases they also use the same color to denote two different categories.
They use a number followed by letter to denote the type of cabin. Cabins are ranked from the lowest number first to the highest number and also from the lowest letter first to the highest letter. Therefore a category that begins with 1 is consider a better cabin choice than one that begins with 3. The type of cabin is defined by the letter that appears after the number.
Letter V defines a inside cabin. Letter T defines a promenade view stateroom. A Boardwalk view balcony uses the letters I,J.
Oceanview cabins are defined by letter N. Spacious oceanview cabins by the letter M. Panoramic oceanview cabins are defined with the letters P and L. Letter S defines a boardwalk view cabin.
Spacious balconies are defined by the letter B. Regular balcony cabins use the letter D.